Friday 9 December 2016

1979: THE BLACK HOLE UK VHS COVER

From December 1979 (although this hails from much later): Disney's Star Age would-be blockbuster THE BLACK HOLE.


Despite the numerous - and sometimes obvious shortcomings - I rate this as one of the icons of the era. Both because it's an entertaining - and spectacular - movie in its own right but also because of the ubiquitous merchandising it spawned.

This is the UK sell-through VHS cover. I think this is one movie thst really demands a bells-whistles-and-B.O.Bs BR release.

2 comments:

  1. I got this pan and scan version at the time but have since upgraded to the widescreen dvd.

    What are the chances of an extras laden dvd or BR ?



    ReplyDelete
  2. A remake is/was in the works, so surely there is sufficient interest to warrant a whistles and bells BR upgrade. The Disney DVD is a disappointing transfer - as unfortunately is the case with much of their live action catalogue ... I love this film for all it's flaws, and I am sure many of my generation feel the same ... Three of us here for starters ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...