ON-SALE: Wednesday 22 February 1978
COVER DATE: Wednesday 29 February 1978 (see below)
- Who’s Who in Star Wars (still featuring Biggs)
- STAR WARS: ENTER HAN SOLO, SPACE PIRATE (10 pages) <Reprinted from STAR WARS US 3>
- TALES OF THE GALAXY: WAR TOY (9 pages) <Reprinted from UNKNOWN WORLDS OF SCIENCE FICTION 2>
- ADVERTS: THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS FAN CLUB (1 page)/ JUNEQUEST apparel, badges and posters (third-page)/ KP OUTER SPACERS STAR WARS FIGHTER KITE mailaway offer (1 page).
- BEHIND THE SCENES movie text feature
- GLOSSARY (Millennium Falcon > Yarvin) (1 page)
- NEXT WEEK teaser 1 page)
- STAR WARS JIGSAW competition.
WATCH OUT FOR:
- There was No Wednesday 29 February in 1978. The cover should have read 1 March.
- Another cover that doesn’t entirely faithfully reflect events in the movie.. or the adaptation.
- Han shoots first.
- Jabba the Hut (single ‘t’)
- One of the most fondly remembered of the back-up strips.
- Early evidence of mass-market merchandising (the jigsaws and the KP mailaway)
- Glossary reference to ‘X-Fighters’, which may explain the source of Marvel’s incorrect naming of the first issue freebie.
MEANWHILE… A LONG TIME AGO:
- Episode 4 of DOCTOR WHO: THE INVASION OF TIME aired on Saturday 25 February.
- 2000AD prog 54 went on sale the same day with the usual line-up.
- The following Monday, the 27th, saw ‘Project Avalon’, the ninth episode of BLAKE’S SEVEN air on BBC ONE.
- Over in the States, WONDER WOMAN skipped a couple of weeks with no new episodes airing between 17 February and 3 March.
- Also stateside, the last season of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN was drawing to a conclusion with the two-part adventure ‘Date With Danger’ airing on the 20th and 27th.
- Spin-off THE BIONIC WOMAN, also coming to the end of its run, played the episode ‘Which One is Jamie’ on the 25th.