Thursday 14 January 2016

1979: BUCK ROGERS COVER ON STARBURST ISSUE 13 (MARVEL UK)

From September 1979: the key art from BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25th CENTURY graces the cover of the 13th issue of MARVEL UK's STARBURST MAGAZINE.

This issue, as the cover testifies, has a good line-up of Star Age greats including SPACE: 1999, Bond's MOONRAKER and ALIEN. And, although TV's AVENGERS falls outside the Star Age, Steel and Mrs Peel would be inducted a few years later when episodes appeared as part of the early Channel Four schedules (my first exposure to the show... although I didn't become fully immersed until the first Lumiere VHS releases in the early 1990s... then I was hooked). 

The cover is, I'm pretty sure, whiter than my scan suggests. I think the predominance of green text has prompted my scanner to give it something of a sickly green tinge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...