Thursday 14 January 2016

1979: THE OMEGA FACTOR PAPERBACK by JACK GERSON

From 1979: the paperback buy-in to the BBC's proto-X-Files THE OMEGA FACTOR.

I've not read this (which I found in a secondhand book shop) but I have seen a few episodes of the TV show itself (thanks to the DVD box set release) and, although I liked the show and the cast, I found the episodesthemselves hard going and somewhat impenetrable. It did remind me, a little, of the much more recent SEA OF SOULS but I don't think that's an entirely fair comparison.  

2 comments:

  1. When I was 13 years and 4 months old I finally got a portable TV in my bedroom so I could watch whatever I wanted without needing my father's approval (now I could watch Top Of The Pops which he hated) - my new TV was delivered on Wednesday, June 13th 1979 and episode 1 of The Omega Factor was broadcast later that evening so it was one of the first programmes I saw on my new portable TV, woo hoo !! My TV lasted till September 1990 when it finally conked out after 11 years and 3 months of faithful service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously the best classic horror tv series of all time! What’s even better is - there’s been a reboot!!!

    BigFinish.com have released a new AudioBook and a Full-Cast AudioDrama series. There’s already 12 original episodes and 2 AudioBooks and a new novel.

    It’s so good, bloody scary, the sound effects, ♫, writing and acting will blow you away. I’m not kidding. Though I’m a bit of a fan, can’t u tell? Lol...

    To show you how good it actually is, it was nominated for the prestigious BBC Audio Drama Award in 2016. Want to know more about the series or The Omega Factor in general? Check out this brand new twitter feed, devoted to all things Omega Factor, incl links, reviews, pics, commentary, titbits, fan feedback - all about the series -> https://mobile.twitter.com/OmegaDept7

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...