Thursday 18 August 2016

1999: XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS MAGAZINE ISSUE 1 (TITAN MAGAZINES)

From November 1999: the first issue of Titan Magazine's XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS MAGAZINE, based (of course) on the fun syndicated action show.

I'm not sure how long this ran for... some online sources suggest 25 issues, which isn't a bad run for a licensed magazine... especially one from Titan.

Xena fans looking for another perspective on the show should seek out the documentary THE XENAPHILES which turned up on Channel Four back in the day. It looks at Xena's fandom... particularly within the gay community. The burly bloke cosplaying (before the word even existed) is a sight to behold,


1 comment:

  1. I think it was actually 24 issues.

    I must confess that I rarely watched this show and I certainly never bought the mag although I'm currently enjoying the new comic from dynamite.

    I suspect that if the show were to be re-booted today, the sexual content would be more ( ahem ) - overt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...